My current objective is to utilize the knowledge of bitcoin and blockchain technology gained from my past ventures to cause systemic positive change in the world. I've found a group of passionate people to work on these innovations with and we are thrilled to revolutionize energy.
Always passionate about equal access to finance and technology, I founded the first tokenized-equity company when I was 16 years old. With a small investment of bitcoins from the initial token holders, I grew it to become a $1M company in two years. I have built blockchain infrastructure architecture and token models for leading financial institutions and startups in Europe, Asia, North America, and New Zealand. Now I focus on the intersection of blockchain and energy, specifically on token economics.
Blockchain FellowBoulder, CO, USA Rocky Mountain Institute (co-founder of Energy Web Foundation)January 2017 - Present
- Token economics expert, leading the design and integration of a sustainable economic model for the Energy Web Foundation, while ensuring its technical feasibilty and legal compliance.
- Developing the core business, blockchain architecture, and ecosystem around the Energy Web blockchain whie working alongside the world's leading energy companies and climate experts
- Specialist in Blockchain technology as applied to energy, cryptography focus
- Working with regulators, governments, corporations, and startups to implement this technology in real-world systems
Token EconomistGlobal CryptodexJune 2017 - Present
- Designing sustainable token-economic models for many of the most successful companies in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Designing blockchain architecture, and implementing it for corproates and startups wishing to utilize the technology.
Resident Blockchain ExpertBerlin, Germany German Technology Entrepreneurship CenterNovember 2015 - January 2017
- Working closely with startup companies from around Europe, advising fintech startups and consulting for fellow VCs prospecting investments in the blockchain space.
- Specialist in Bitcoin, and Blockchain Development and Integration
FounderBozeman, MT, USA Gary Foundation
October 2014 - Present
- A 501c3 nonprofit, The Gary Foundation aims to cure Chondrosarcoma, the cancer that took my father.
- Provides grants to research projects and assistance to affected families in need.
FounderBozeman, MT, USA Cognitive Inc.March 2014 - November 2015
- Cognitive Inc. provided services in the Cryptocurrency industry, including blockchain design, Mining (SHA-256d) ASIC design, currency trading, and management consulting.
Founder & CEOCoeur d'Alene, ID, USA Cognitive Mining LLCMarch 2012 - April 2014
- In March of 2012, my IPO sold out within three days, initially raising 2500 bitcoins, which at the time was just over $12,000 USD.
- I grew the company from a total $50,000 investment to a market cap of over one million dollars in less than two years.
- Cognitive was publicly traded on three online bitcoin exchanges, and commonly regarded as the best of all the assets on said exchanges.
- I designed ASIC hardware specifically for mining bitcoin, managed negotiations on seven-figure deals, and ultimately exceeded the expectations set in all of my agreements.
- Bitcoin Mining Bond Issuance Company -- Synergy Mining
- Bitcoin Dispenser - Gave free bitcoins to new users
- Bitcoin Mining Pool Development - Stabilized mining payouts from a large degree of randomness to a steady, daily stream.
- Arbitrage. Lots and lots of arbitrage. The bitcoin markets were extremely volatile.
Machinist, TechnologistAMI Machining, Inc.June 2009 - December 2012Hayden, ID, USA
As soon as I was of age (14), my neighbor John Grimm hired me to work in his extremely high-tech diemaking shop, AMI Machining, where I operated various electron discharge machines.
- Learned much about diverse varieties of metals and how to cut them down to the hundred-thousandths of an inch using electron discharge machining technologies.
- Performed various tasks, varying from petty chores to managing network infrastructure to operating million dollar machinery where one wrong keystroke can disable a machine for months.
- Berlin School of Mind and Brain, Humboldt University
February 2016 (Audit)
Montana State University
- Cognitive Science
- Philosophy <-> Neuroscience
- Honors College Member
- Computer Science
- Cryptography I
- Cryptography II