My current objective is to utilize the knowledge of bitcoin and blockchain tech gained from my past ventures to cause some positive change in the world. I'm eager to find a group of passionate people to work on these innovations with and make some cool stuff happen!
I am 21 years old, and I have founded a million dollar bitcoin mining company, lived by myself in a log cabin in the Rockies for a winter, and have traveled 20,000 miles around Europe on my motorcycle. I'm generally really positive, and I love finding loopholes and doing business.
Resident Blockchain ExpertBerlin German Technology Entrepreneurship CenterNovember 2015 - Present
- Working closely with startup companies from around Europe, advising fintech startups and consulting for fellow VCs prospecting investments in the blockchain space.
- Specialist in Bitcoin, and Blockchain Development and Integration
FounderBozeman, MT Gary Foundation
October 2014 - On Hold
- A 501c3 nonprofit, The Gary Foundation aims to cure Chondrosarcoma, the cancer that took my father.
- Provides grants to research projects and assistance to affected families in need.
FounderBozeman, MT Cognitive Inc.March 2014 - November 2015
- Cognitive Inc. provided a variety of services in the Cryptocurrency industry, including blockchain design, Mining (SHA-256d) ASIC design, currency trading, and business advising.
Founder & CEOCoeur d'Alene, ID Cognitive Mining LLCMarch 2012 - April 2014
- In March of 2012, my IPO sold out within three days, initially raising 2500 bitcoins, which at the time was just over $12,000 USD.
- I grew the company from a total $50,000 investment to a market cap of over one million dollars in less than two years.
- Cognitive was publicly traded on three online bitcoin exchanges, and commonly regarded as the best of all the assets on said exchanges.
- I designed ASIC hardware specifically for mining bitcoin, managed negotiations on seven-figure deals, and ultimately exceeded the expectations set in all of my agreements.
- Bitcoin Mining Bond Issuance Company -- Synergy Mining
- Bitcoin Dispenser - Gave free bitcoins to new users
- Bitcoin Mining Pool Development - Stabilized mining payouts from a large degree of randomness to a steady, daily stream.
- Arbitrage. Lots and lots of arbitrage. The bitcoin markets were extremely volatile.
Machinist, Tech GuyAMI Machining, Inc.June 2009 - December 2012Hayden, ID
As soon as I was of age (14), my neighbor John Grimm hired me to work in his extremely high-tech diemaking shop, AMI Machining, where I operated various electron discharge machines.
- Learned much about diverse varieties of metals and how to cut them down to the hundred-thousandths of an inch using electron discharge machining technologies.
- Performed various tasks, varying from petty chores to managing network infrastructure to operating million dollar machinery where one wrong keystroke can disable a machine for months.
Cryptography, High School G.E., University
- Berlin School of Mind and Brain
Montana State University
- Cognitive Science
- Philosophy <-> Neuroscience
- Honors College Member
- Computer Science
- Cryptography I
- Cryptography II